Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Movers and Shakers (Funny Blog from Comedy Central's Dwayne Perkins)

I spent the good part of today and yesterday moving stuff into storage. I actually counted my box trot as a workout. Carrying boxes or bags weighing 20-30 pounds down a flight of stairs over and over again has to count for something. I actually call it the IRS workout, taxing indeed. :-)


As I loaded up the Saturn it dawned on me how strenuous my current activity was. It also dawned on me that as a country we have an obesity problem. The problem is massive. I would go so far as to say our obesity problem is, well, obese. I smell a win-win situation. Everyday scores of people in our country have to move truck loads of stuff. And for every mover there must be 20 people within a 1 mile radius not very happy with their own radius.


I’m saying maybe we should mandate that the portliest of our brethren help people move.


JUDGE: This court has found you guilty of being on the verge of obesity…I hear by sentence you to help Dwayne move…


Jenny Craig ain’t got nothing on lugging a sofa with a pullout bed. Pilates does though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a tip, but it may be too late & you may have already moved. We had a couch with a pull out bed & the bed part popped out to make it easier to move....though we didn't find that out until we moved FOUR times lugging that heavy thing around.