Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bourgeois Peasant

This blog was warped from I’ve Gone Hollywood.

I’m like a schizophrenic when it comes to spending. An examination of my spending would reveal immense frugality with odd splurging thrown in. For instance I have come up with a scheme to avoid putting stamps on letters.

If you’re mailing a letter to the same city you live in or maybe even state. Put the TO: address in the corner where the return address should be and put the RETURN: address in the front where the TO: address should be. That way when the Post office sends it back with the insufficient postage stamp on it they will actually be delivering it.

An elaborate scheme to save 48 cents.

Give it a try but don’t say it was my idea. I don’t need a federal charge. If you read the blog that warped here you already know about my car. I also go to the Latino supermarket in LA and buy a week’s worth of Pan Dulces pastries to take to Starbucks with me during the week, avoiding their inflated scone fees. (I likes my scones baby)

But I have a personal trainer. Doesn’t seem to fit but my legs and core are stronger than ever. Based on my other spending patterns you think I would do the Clubber Lane Rocky 3 workout; Chin-ups in a dank warehouse. But I’m doing thrusts and flinging weighted balls half a basketball court. For me, hardcore means the condition of the muscles below my pectorals and above my waist.

I guess I have balance. And the money I save on scones I can apply to my top flight training. Everyone has to choose what’s superfluous and what’s necessary. As long as you don’t have too many things in your “must have” column you should be okay. As long as you don’t skimp on the bill with your friends then jump into a cherry Hummer, you should be okay.

2 comments:

me! said...

You can certainly be excused for having a personal trainer, although I'm not sure how the scones could possibly offset the price.

On some level, you can justify the expense of the trainer because you're in show business. While there's certainly no rule that says comics have to be buff, your particular style (likable, clean-cut guy with an upbeat attitude who makes the best of things) probably does work better when you present a fit, healthy appearance.

I dunno...could the personal trainer be tax deductible as a business expense? Nah. But you can always think of it as a business expense even if you don't report it to the IRS as such.

dwayneperkins said...

thanks for your understanding.