Tuesday, March 07, 2006

God Bless You and Your Mouth

God Bless You and Your Mouth

I recently had surgery to repair a hernia. I didn’t know light circuit training could do that.
It was my first time under the knife and under anesthesia. The anesthesiologist told me he was giving me just a little to make me feel better but not totally put me out, as I wanted to talk with the doctor before he gave me the old slice and dice. That’s last thing I remembered. They told me to tell my ride to come get me at noon. A hernia operation is day surgery and I was the first one in. In fact, I woke the rooster up on my way to the surgery. I didn’t wake up until 2pm In all types of pain and nauseous from the anesthesia. It wasn’t until 4pm that I mustered up the courage to try and leave. Some guy in the room next to mine had hernia surgery and he just walked out afterwards. He Probably went dancing that night. I, after asking if I could stay overnight and getting shut down quicker than a Korean restaurant at closing time, had to be wheeled out. I tried eating bread and just spit it out right on the hospital floor like a stubborn 1 year old.

So, I eventually got better. After about a week I was walking okay and out of the blue I sneezed. I can’t really describe the pain but I’ll say a sneeze is a very violent action that you never think of that way until something is hurting. Someone could have taken me hostage with a pepper shaker. If I had sneezed the day of my surgery I’m not sure if I would be writing this blog right now. Even after a week, every sneeze was followed with a loud curse. So “God bless you” took on a whole different meaning. Don’t go to church when your healing from Hernia surgery and have the sniffles.

BTW: A hernia is a hole in your abdominal wall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gross!

Anonymous said...

Ya big girl!

Anonymous said...

ouch! Hope you can sneeze without pain soon.

Anonymous said...

dude your a flippin wuss yo