Friday, May 12, 2006

Luxury Matters

I was walking down Wilshire Blvd. in Santa Monica California when I heard what sounded like a symphony. I looked around for the live band or orchestra that must have been playing in a near by building. With no buildings nearby with that “Jam Session in Session” look, I turned my attention to a Lexus car stopped at a red light with its windows down. It turns out the sweet tunes were coming from that Lexus. I looked in astonishment trying to figure out where the orchestra was hidden. It’s like the Boston Pops were playing. I kept thinking, “Wow, is a symphony standard on a Lexus?” I’ve never been one for over-the-top luxury. My Saturn Ion is a stick shift and my windows are manual. That’s right, it’s 2006 and I have to vigorously work out my rotator cuff to order at the drive through. I don’t even have a CD player or cassette. I’m one of the only people left who rents a car and thinks, “What a sweet audio system in this Hyundai Accent!” The only thing people think when my window is rolled down is “Wow, Saturns come with clock radios?”

No, but I had it specially installed and the snooze length is adjustable. Don’t hate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep ya pimp hand strong biatch

Cty said...

I drive an older car without one of those keyless entry devices that let you open your car doors without the hassle of putting the key in the lock and then taking all that time to turn it. I drove a friend home a few days ago and she was - understandably, mind you - floored by my entry system.

Reach across to unlock the passenger side door? Insane!

Anonymous said...

we need some more mu'fuckin posts nigga!

Anonymous said...

Please post more!

There are lots of people who appreciate your efforts.

We're not all spammers, honest!!