Sunday, September 13, 2009

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Today marked the first full day of the 09 Football Schedule. People have been gearing up for this for the past few weeks. Fantasy Football leagues have had drafts, favorite beer mugs have been polished, flat screens have been purchased. And how did I kick off the NFL's kick off?

I watched Women's Professional Bowling.

It was on when I turned my TV on and I found it intriguing so I didn't turn the channel. I used to watch bowling and wrestling with my grandmother so both make me instantly nostalgic. I also, for the most part, find professional women bowlers attractive. I think it's their attainable, real, girl next door look. In actuality most of them are married and unattainable (Maybe that's why I like them....hmmn...). I'm also a big fan of women Pool players. I suppose that can be more easily read into. Women with sticks is always fun, as long as they aren't mutilating them.

The woman I was routing for lost the match in the last frame by missing badly and leaving a 4-6-7-10 split. Ouch! Picture a smile with all the middle teeth missing and just the sharps ones on the sides left. Not cute in any vain unless the smiler is under 5. This holds true in bowling as well.

Why do we watch sports, or anything for that matter? To be entertained. And what makes it entertaining?...Close games, Suspense, seeing the participants go through the full gamut of emotions as they fight for victory. Well my bowling match had all of that except the players weren't roided up freaks of nature with zero body fat. Quite the contrary actually. :-)

I may watch football tonight to get back in touch with my inner Tarzan.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've always believed in separate leagues for drug users. In the drug league, the players will be roided up, coked out, you name it, and the game will be absolutely incredible; and everyone will know how and why. Who wouldnt want to see a ball thrown 8 miles into the hands of a faster-than-sound runner? In the straight league, well, they'll be straight, and the game will still be awesome, because we will all know that everything and everyone is on the up-and-up. The other great thing about separate leagues is that the drug league will need new stadiums built to contain their superhuman feats - football fields may need to be triple-sized for example - and so theres some new job creation involved. Not to mention the surge in the pharmaceutical markets!

Deana said...

You should attend a pro bowling tournament sometime. The amount of trash talking is astounding, at least in men's pro bowling. And they all have gimmicky names and themes, kind of like wrestling. I can see why your gogo liked both.

Anonymous said...

I know whatcha mean....That happens to me when I watch womens tennis or volleyball, ouch.....lol...either way u missed some really close games, the best being S.F. v.s. Arizona...lol...