Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hard Come, Easy Go

So my new radio that I recently blogged about is history. It was stolen from my car right in my parking lot. And I don’t even live in a bad neighborhood. At least I thought I didn’t. I think it just reminds us that there are no victimless crimes. Only victims you don’t meet. But if a guy screams “who the @#^$ stole my radio!” in the woods does anyone hear him? I’m not sure but I know he doesn’t hear his radio. The effed up part is that the face plate of the radio was removable but I thought it was cool in my somewhat busy gated parking structure. I’ve taken the face plate off in many situations but like with regular accidents, it’s close to home that you have to worry about.

I spent 5 years rockin’ with my stock radio with no CD, tape or MP3 player and my 6 presets. I finally upgrade a hair just so I can listen to Estelle with no fuzziness and not a month later I get jacked. Maybe the secret to safety is not having anything but I hardly think driving a Saturn Ion, with automatic nothing is flossing. People always rob other people on their level. How many times do you think a Kennedy’s radio got jacked in the last 10 years? If you’re ‘bout it, why not go after some real cake? Robin Hood was a dying breed. And worst of all they took my mp3 player with Lily Allen on it and over a hundred of my comedy shows. So if you hear a car jacker doing my routine, call the cops pronto.

I had a 2GB flash drive in my car that they didn’t notice so a big middle finger and a hardy “nah nah nah nah nah” to the thieves on that one. Here’s the kicker, my original Saturn radio was in the trunk and they didn’t take it (what a slap in the face). So I have the option of plugging that baby back in. Like my new radio was a $200 audio vacation and now I’m back home to the static I’m used to. I guess my new radio was a nice place to visit but apparently I can't live there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man.

Sorry to hear about that.

Many years back when I lived in a low-rent/high-crime area, I had one apartment break-in and one car break-in.

At the time, I was so broke (and the thief/thieves were so unmotivated) that the whole thing was anticlimactic.

When the car was broken into, they broke the little window in the back of the car to get in, scratched a little bit at the radio and then just gave up.

When the apartment was broken into, I'm pretty sure they looked around the place and said to themselves:

"Oh, crap. I could go to jail for this?"

Anyway, I'm sorry this happened, and I'm sorry that your thief was more motivated than mine.

If I was in your area, I would keep an ear out for suspicious people quoting your routine, but in all honesty, my hunch is that your radio was taken by a dim bulb who wouldn't get your jokes anyway simply because they're not that bright.

I'm pretty sure the flash drive concept was entirely lost on them.

Anonymous said...

Poor you!!

People are such arses.

Anonymous said...

Point of clarification:

The "dim bulbs" aren't that bright. Your jokes, of course, are.

Pronoun/verb agreement is a b--ch.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your radio :( You could have like a radio replacement-party (similar to a rent-party). I'd bet the one who shows up and eats the most and gives the smallest is the thief.