Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Word to My Trust Fund

I’m walking in New York’s Upper East Side. I pass a bunch of white kids in a circle rapping and beat boxing. In the rap world that’s called a cypher. Now there’s nothing too strange about white kids rapping. But these were like prep school, Abercrombie wearing, trust fund having types. Half of them were girls. They kind of looked like an a capella group gone wild. I think I counted 6 Navy Pea coats and 4 pairs of Dockers. Eminems they were not. You gotta love Hip Hop.

Funny... you’ll never see a bunch of black guys in wife beaters and Du-Rags playing hacky sack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm always amused (in an annoyed way) by how white kids in their god-awful SUVs bump hip hop and rap on the Westside. I would respect them a little bit if they can do the same in Watts or Compton.

~Diddy