Monday, May 09, 2005

Don’t Cry...Dry Your Eye

I was on the downtown 6 train in New York City. A couple sat in the 2-seater bench near the end of the subway car. The woman was crying. The man, trying to console her, pulled out a tissue and went to wipe her eyes. Maybe he was heavy handed or maybe the train jerked but he applied way too much pressure and sent her head banging into the subway wall. Ouch! At least he changed what she was crying about.
“I’m crying because I don’t know where my life is heading...(Ka-Thunk)...I’m crying because my head is throbbing”
I’m sure he felt awful about hitting her head so hard. Maybe she tried to console him.
“It’s okay baby... It’s the thought, not the knot on my head, that counts.”

2 comments:

Batman said...

Yeah, "awful".

Whoopsie...

dwayneperkins said...

Hey Phillip,

Thanks for writing about me on the hero website. I'm humbled. I'm not worthy but I greatly appreciated your kind words and insight.
-Dwayne