Thursday, August 18, 2005

Dogtown Poser

I’m walking along Hermosa Beach. Some teenagers skateboard by with battery powered skateboards. Each skateboard motor is attached to a long wire that I’m guessing controls acceleration. A couple is walking in front of me. The guy looks like a thirty something professional (accountant or maybe nurse practitioner.) The women says “Cool! Check out those skateboards” The guy instantly replies “I have one, except mine is wireless” I would bet my lunch money that this guy can’t even skateboard let alone operated a wireless remote supped up board. I just hope that when they got home she asked him to see the skateboard. Lucky for him there weren’t some guys out there break dancing or walking on glass or eating fire. Pretending to be the man can be dangerous...

No comments: